Monday, January 26, 2009

Let's start at the beginning...


Larsen John Patrick was born on September 21, 2008. He weighed 8 lbs and was 20 inches long. He came into the world at 3:23 am! Early riser! Looked a lot like his daddy, with dark brown hair. I was scheduled to be induced September 24, four days after my due date. I was hoping and praying that I wouldn't go that long, and luckily, I didn't! The evening of September 19, I was having contractions and so we headed up to the hospital. Well, after spending about six hours there, I was eventually sent home because I wasn't progressing. The nurses were very hesistant because they had a feeling I was going to begin active labor very soon. We went back home and got some rest. The next morning I was feeling rather crampy, but no contractions, so I just shrugged it off. We were on our way from picking up Ellie, our dog, and my water broke in Marshall's truck! This was at 1:45 pm. We headed back up to the hospital and 13 hours later our little boy was born! Giving birth was one of the most wonderful experiences of my life. Sometimes, I still cannot believe I did it! Having a baby is the best thing that has ever happened to us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment